This May, Minichamps is set to release a 1:43 scale limited edition replica of one of the most controversial Formula One cars never to race. The car was the brainchild of Colin Chapman and is, of course, the Lotus 88(B) that was tested during the 1981 season.
Archive for the ‘ Diecast ’ Category
Maisto beats Minichamps to the announcement of Valentino Rossi’s Ducati Desmo GP11
Here’s some diecast news for you. Today, we have uploaded onto the site a brand new announcement from Maisto, being Valentino Rossi’s 2011 Ducati Desmosedici GP11.
They will be replicating Rossi’s red machine in 1:10 scale, and also massive 1:6 scale which is going to look absolutely awesome in our opinion. The best feature of these models, however, has got to be the price. The 1:10 version is going to retail at just £19.99, while the 1:6 model is a snip at just £39.99.
We have been told to expect the bikes in June, so click here to order yours now.
Today is a hugely exciting day in the diecast calendar, as Minichamps has this afternoon confiormed its 2011 diecast new announcements.
There’s excitement for Rossi collectors with a tasty Valencia 2010 ‘Bye Bye Baby’ bike and figure set, as well as a host of new helmets, and a Laguna Seca 2010 figure.
Road car enthusiasts have got plenty to look forward to as well with the Ford Focus RS500 in Matt Black, McLaren MP4-12C, and the Bugatti Veyron Supersport all due in 1:18 scale.
Attention all 1:12 diecast bike collectors!
I’ve got some exciting news about a new very limited edition bike that is, to all intents and purposes in the UK, exclusive to us here at Diecast Legends.
In fact, I’m so excited about it that I’m penning this note to customers whilst I’m still on the ferry on my way back from Germany.
You may or may not be aware of the situation regarding Minichamps’ replica of Lorenzo’s 2009 Estoril bike. Jorge won that race. He was wearing his famous ‘Moon Landing’ suit and after his victory, he walked across the grass in slow motion and planted a Lorenzo Land flag in the ground.
Well, expecting Minichamps to make the bike, we put it on the website and started to sell it.
Then, before Christmas, we heard that Minichamps had given the model as a worldwide exclusive to their own shop in Aachen, a shop called Danhausen. It was a limited edition of 750 pieces and we have to say we were a bit miffed!
However, before Christmas I flew over to Germany and did a deal to buy all of Danhausen’s remaining stock. Then, today, I returned to Germany and loaded them all on to a Transit van to bring them back to Blightie!
So, here’s the score:
* It’s limited to just 750 pieces worldwide.
* It’s a race winning bike that was ridden by the new world champion.
* The colour scheme was unique and ran in that race only.
* We have just a few hundred pieces and they will sell out over this weekend, we predict.
Remember, we sold more limited edition, Laguna Seca, Hayden Ducatis than this over a weekend back in 2009. And that was a far less significant bike than this one.
* The price is £89.99 (PO93098); that’s a bit more expensive than a standard bike but we’ve had to pay a lot more to get hold of it and to get it back here.
* We are going to offer the bike as it is, or signed by Jorge for £139.99 (PO93098S).
* To be fair to everybody and to prevent people from ‘scalping’ on eBay, we are limiting customers to just two signed and two unsigned bikes each; that’s a maximum of four bikes per person.
* This bike will not be available to wholesale customers; except those who had it on order already.
* You can buy it by clicking here. Or you can phone the Orderline on 0844 887 8888. The lines are open to 8.00pm on Friday, or until 5.00pm on Saturday. The lines open again at 9.00am on Monday, but that may be too late!
* Unfortunately, you can’t turn up at our offices to pick one up over the weekend, as we won’t be unloading it until late on Monday, or early on Tuesday.
* Our Double Moneyback guarantee will not apply to this bike for obvious reasons.
If you had this bike on order already, you will receive it, but beyond that we can make no promises, as this model will probably sell out over the weekend and some people could miss out.
* On Tuesday, we will write to everybody to confirm whether they have been successful in obtaining what they ordered.
* Finally, we reserve the right to supply customers with fewer bikes than they would like in order to spread out our allocation amongst more customers
Anyway, that’s about everything you need to know. This is probably going to be one of the rarest and most demanded Minichamps bikes of all time. Signed by its rider, of course, it will be rarer still.
The 2010 Formula One Championship Presentation from Grand Prix Legends
Coming into the final race of the 2010 F1 season, four drivers were still in with a shout of glory. Hamilton looked to have the pace to challenge for the win he needed, but got caught for too long behind the excellent Robert Kubica, thus denying him his second title. Mark Webber’s afternoon never really got going, and once Fernando Alonso was caught behind the Renault of Vitaly Petrov, it became clear that it was Sebastian Vettel’s title to lose.
An emotional Vettel was in tears as he took the chequered flag to become the youngest champion the sport has ever seen, a doubly impressive feat when you consider the position he was in with just a few races to go.
To celebrate this fantastic achievement, we are delighted to announce that we will once again be producing our 1:18 World Championship Presentation, exclusive to Grand Prix Legends. The presentation will feature the Minichamps replica of Sebastian’s Red Bull RB6, mounted on a custom designed metal base complete with engraved name plaque and season results. For collectors of F1 diecast, this truly unique tribute to the 2010 champion really is a must have.
Minichamps Jenson Button Brawn GP Brazilian Grand Prix 2009
AKA - Anatomy of a Brazilian
Okay, so it might seem a silly title, but we thought we’d make a quick blog post on Minichamps’ forthcoming 1:18 and 1:43 scale replicas of Jenson Button’s 2009 Brawn GP from last season’s Brazilian Grand Prix. The main question we have been asked is, “What’s the difference between this and the original release?”. Well, let us explain… Read the rest of this entry »